The Bahamas is an archipelago of 700 islands and Bell Channel Inn hotel is located on Grand Bahama Island, the second most populated island. A mere 90 km or 56 miles east of Palm Beach, Florida.
Bell Channel Inn is conveniently located in the Lucaya area, which is the main area for tourism in Grand Bahama. You are sure to find great bargains at Port Lucaya Market Place, as it is home to more than 50 shops, a dozen restaurants & bars, many artist and jewelry vendors, hair braiders and regular live entertainment in Count Basie Square.
Many tours such as fishing-, snorkeling-, and various sight-seeing tours depart from Port Lucaya Marina daily.
The Dolphin Experience, Casino, beautiful golf courses & beaches can also be found in the Lucaya area.
Bell Channel Inn’s Location Information*
- Six miles from Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO)
- Twelve miles from Lucayan Harbor/Freeport Harbour (the cruise ships)
- Transportation from airport or harbor by taxi or rental car
- On the channel across from Port Lucaya Market Place (3/4 mile)
- Seven miles from down town Freeport
- On the public bus route ($1.25 per person)
- Near Taino Beach and Coral Beach
- “Solomon’s” Supermarket – 1 mile
Distance from Local Attractions*
- Caribbean Divers – Scuba diving & snorkeling – on-site
- The Reef Golf Course – ½ mile
- Lucaya Golf & Country Club – ½ mile
- Port Lucaya Market Place – ¾ mile
- Treasure Bay Casino – ¾ mile
- Coral Beach – ¾ mile
- Taino Beach – 1 ½ mile
- Pinetree Stables – 2 ½ miles
- The International Bazaar – 5 miles
- Garden of the Groves – 7 miles
- Lucaya National Park – 24 miles
*Distances above measured by car.